Visit Econotre, an ecopole for waste recovery
How are they converted into energy or heat? How does a sorting center work?
Econotre welcomes you for educational visits for groups and schools (from CM1) to learn all about waste and its recovery. The installations of Bessières by their design and architecture respectful of the environment constitute today a reference on the Midi-Pyrénées region in terms of treatment and recovery of waste.
The Econotre ecopôle has been operated by SUEZ since 2001, as part of a public service delegation, to meet the waste management needs of the Syndicat Mixte DECOSET, which brings together 152 municipalities, i.e. more than one million inhabitants, in the North of Haute-Garonne.
Econotre manages several treatment and recovery activities on the Bessières site:
- A sorting center for household waste from selective collections
- An energy recovery center for non-recyclable household and similar waste
- A bottom ash recovery center
This guided tour aims to:
- Discover recycling and energy recovery
- Understand the operation of a sorting center and an energy recovery unit
- Master the sorting instructions
- Share on the challenges of waste reduction
Information on booking the guided tour:
Visit open to all (children aged 6 years minimum)
Individual rates & Information
Reservation required for groups, with a minimum delay of 3 weeks before the desired date of visit.
Visitors must wear closed shoes.
Pets are prohibited during the tour.
Cameras are also prohibited.
An ID will be required on the day of the visit. Minors must be accompanied for the visit.
Visit accessible to people with reduced mobility.
For more information : firstname.lastname@example.org
From 6 years old.
ZA des Turquès -
route de Montauban